This proposal marks the addition of Secret Contract functionality to the Secret Network mainnet, a long awaited set of features that are set to transform the Secret Network from a transactional PoS blockchain, into a complete decentralized platform that enables privacy-preserving computations. With Secret Contracts, developers will be able to build their secret applications on top of the Secret Network. These applications are capable of keeping all information private – inputs, outputs and state.
In addition, this proposal introduces the Foundation Reward Module and activates it with an initial address and tax rate (15%). This follows the unanimous passing of the Foundation Signal Proposal (#18): puzzle.report
Should this proposal pass, the following changes will occur:
- The state will be exported from `secret-1` at block height `1246400`.
- Genesis Time: Roughly @ Tuesday, September 15th, 2020 at 14:00:00 UTC.
- New Chain ID: `secret-2`
- Coordination channel: chat.scrt.network
- Upgrade instructions: github.com
(Will be finalized before September 15th)
- In case of a network-wide upgrade failure to `secret-2`, we’re going to relaunch `secret-1` from block `1246400` as specified in the upgrade instructions above, at the last section (“In case of an upgrade failure”).
- New module: Secret Contracts (`x/compute`)
- Based on CosmWasm.com
- Param: `consensus_params.block.max_gas = 10,000,000` (to prevent DoS)
- Code: github.com
- Encryption specs: github.com
- Update to `x/distribution`: Foundation Reward
- As per explorer.cashmaney.com
- More info about Secret Foundation: learn.scrt.network
- Param: `SecretFoundationTax = 0.15` (15%)
- Param: `SecretFoundationAddress = secret1c7rjffp9clkvrzul20yy60yhy6arnv7sde0kjj`
- Code: github.com
- Upgrade Tendermint to v0.33.8
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.